Monday, August 07, 2006

Licum? I don't even know him!

Right, today's lesson is this:

If you have a network, and you have even one folder with full-access and no password required, and you also tend to take down your firewall to burn CDs, you will, eventually, get a virus.

Maybe not for 15 years, but it will happen, and when it does, it will be irritating.

Then again, if you're fond of 16-bit apps and games, and have loads of DOS-based programs, any virus that starts with W32 won't do a bloody thing to your old apps. So screw progress, I say. My Tetris was untouched, and that's what matters.

I've repaired and re-installed everything, and the threat has now passed. While you were enjoying my video selections, I was banging my head on the wall trying to stop everything from contacting Italy.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: