Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Internet Is Evil; Please send bagels.

Some rabbis urge faithful to unplug.

I'm not hep to the ways of the Orthodox Jewish community, so I'm not entirely sure what the Orthodox Jewish kids grow up to be. When I saw on the news that the Lakewood community in New Jersey was asking parents to take computers away from children in an effort to keep them safe, my first thought was, "There goes any future job skills," but then I realized maybe there's hope. Maybe some good can come of this.

The Bronx needs a good Jewish bakery. We haven't had one in many years. While I realize no one in Lakewood will be reading this message, I hope some of the heathen computer-using friends of the Rabbis pass the message along that the Internet is very happy that there are less children it has to hide from, and all it asks in return is some good baking.

I'm a little surprised at myself, that after 16 years of teaching computer literacy, I too think it's better for the Internet that less people go online. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to go work on a screenplay for a sequel to Yentl, where Anshel's grandkids sing songs about how Weebl & Bob make them feel, and wackiness ensues.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! Another evil thing we share! "Late night shopping! It's fantastic!"

BrideOfPorkins said...

Yes! Many nights I've looked through a telescope at the moon, hoping to see the Toast King, but he's never outside when I'm looking.