Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A Dark Day.

Nationally, more than 2,000 US soldiers have been killed in Iraq.

Locally, it was announced that 92.3 K-Rock is flipping to all-talk in January.

And here, in my room, I check my daily dose of Star Wars to find that William Hootkins passed away on Sunday. He was Porkins, to many. Lt. Eckhardt to Batman fans, Major "It's in a safe place" Eaton to anyone who's seen Raiders of the Lost Ark. It makes me sad to know that there will never be a Star Wars convention that I will go to when I'm old just to meet one man, to thank him for the friends I found because of his character.

He was an amazing character actor, a great voice, and I really can't write any more without getting really sappy.

Clear skies, Porkins.

The world has also lost Mugsy from The Uncle Floyd Show. I watched that show all the time, even on UHF stations with bad reception, and Mugsy was great. Capt. Fork ruled. I need to get my old tapes out and relive the good times.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry to hear that the man who played Porkins has departed from the stage.

BrideOfPorkins said...

So am I, Wiggy. I plan to make a pilgrimage to the video store, I need to see more of his work. If ever there was a time for me to check out Hardware, this is it.

Anonymous said...

I never was a Porkinite but I respect your sentiments (the zaniness is a given).

[everyone offers DG/BOP tea, sympathy, and support]