Sunday, October 02, 2005

New beginnings.

I heard the song on the radio from Breakin' last night, Theres No Stoppin' Us. I always liked that song, and it always reminds me of 1984, which was one hell of a ride. I had, an hour earlier, done something I'd put off for far too long. It occured to me that elsewhere, my breakdancing buddy from 21 years ago was also starting a new phase of his life. I would like to think that Ollie and Jerry were sending their blessings to everyone starting over again.

Not as predicted, October arrived to find foliage in good health. Also not as predicted, I too lived to see autumn, when the air gets good and the sun is kinder to things.

My city is crazy, banning people that don't have children with them from parks. I think a law like this might make it a bit easier for Aqualung to pick up little girls, "I have to go to the park, wanna go with me?" but maybe I'm crazier than the city.

And, when comprehensible content fails, there are memes:

You scored as Capt. Mal Reynolds. The Captain. You are the captain of the ship, so the crew are your responsibility. You just want to do the job, get paid and keep flying. Why is that always so hard?

Capt. Mal Reynolds


75%

Kaylee Frye


69%

Shepherd Derrial Book


69%

River Tam


63%

The Operative


63%

Zoe Alleyne Washburne


63%

Inara Serra


63%

Simon Tam


56%

Hoban 'Wash' Washburne


56%

Jayne Cobb


50%


Which Serenity character are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: