Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Yes, even guide crocs for blind Aussies need a chance.

I only get on the ol' political soapbox for really important things these days, and so I'll just cut to it. There's finally something being shuffled around the floor of the House of Representatives that will help animals in disasters. It's not only about time, it's way past it, so if you want to give the guv'ment some power to help the furries, click the link, sign, and hope that we can make some kind of a difference.

The Pets Evacuation and Transportation Standards Act, H.R. 3858 (PETS Act).

Of course...it looks like plans will be made state-to-state, so it it ends up that certain states' plans are "shoot," I'm not really for that, just the transportation part. And yes, I know the crazy cat ladies, Tippi Hedren, and Sigfried & Roy pose special challenges, but I'm pretty sure Sigfried can apparate Manticore and Roy to safety in that case.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: