Monday, June 04, 2007

How rotting my brain kept it from going soft.

When I was a kid, I could have two conversations while playing the higher levels of the Activision game Frostbite, which if you're not familiar with it is sort of about building an igloo by jumping from ice block to ice block while you're set upon by a crazed bear, rabid crabs, flocks of evil birds and for all eternity. Sometimes, it gets dark.

I could deal with a lot more things back then, back when I used to get the magic fish (a...fish...that wasn't particularly magical, but showed up after the score went past 100,000) every single night of my young life.

Have I hit a cure for whatever it is I have? I don't know. I could just hook up the Atari and test this theory, but I found a neat little game called Gamma Bros. which is hosted by Weebl & Bob, and I'll be conducting some serious experiments until my hand cramps up again.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

V said...

Wow! That was like a combination of Galaga + Asteroids + Space Invaders. Thanks for posting that! I'm passing it on to every former Atari/Activision owner I know...