Thursday, September 27, 2007

But Has It Also Been Seven Hours?

Fifteen days since my last post? Shameful. I didn't mean to take my love away. I have, like a good little woman of olden days who thinks herself into a tizzy, been doing crafts. You see, my blanket came apart...it's one of those velour thermal blankets, and it's black, and I've spent a great deal of time in bed with that blanket, so I couldn't just toss it. No homeless people would appreciate the flaking black fuzz so it's not like I can go down to the subway station and say, "Aww, here, it'll keep you warm! Like it kept me warm all those nights!" No one wants to hear that.

No, I am making things out of my late blanket, and many of those things are cat-shaped. YOU KNEW THAT WAS COMING! What else is there to do with a roughly 5'x4' section of black velour? I also made a printer cover, but the cat climbs up on the printer, so that also counts as a cat project.

Other than that, much of my time has been taken up thrashing about trying to escape the flicker of the TV, keeping painstaking record of every annoying ache in my body for future archaeologists, and being unpleasant to mosquitoes. I cannot read my records, so I can't tell you how I've been. I just don't remember.

But I've missed you. I want to make it up to you. I know this doesn't really cover it, but here's a video that made me consider laughing. Instead, I just had a few cups of coffee and ran back and forth to my monitor in the hopes David Bowie was walking past. He wasn't, but a flower grew in the yard where none had been the day before. It was yellow, and closed itself at night, which means it's dangerous to walk the street when the lights are out.



(Someday, I will watch all of Twin Peaks.)
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: