Saturday, December 19, 2009

Songs of My Misspent Youth: Ordinary World

Do I need to explain what drew me to Ordinary World by Duran Duran? Really? Have you heard this song?

I adopted my border collie on a rainy Thursday in 1995, two days after the death of my first dog, that's one thing.

I requested this song on the radio in 1994 before heading off on my first driving lesson, and it played just as I left the house.

I voted for it on Christmas Eve 1993, when it became a Shreeek of the Week on WDRE, two years after the Enya song Caribbean Blue.

Every time I hear it since then I don't feel like so much of a freak, and I know I'm not the only one with entire worlds in my head that exist only for me, and I remember not to fear today or forget tomorrow, and I wish I could get the message back to me in 1993. Then again, maybe I just did.



Should I bother giving a flashing warning to the video? I'm the only one that bothers, right? Maybe won't mind it at all right now.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: