Thursday, July 14, 2005

Acronyms that steal my time.

(guys...I apologize ahead of time. This is what most of my posts would be like if I just posted off the top of my head.)

DSL--get working and stop losing sync in the middle of my research.

PMS--Gimme back the last twenty years of my life, bitch!

Okay, no point writing anymore as I'm sure I just drove everyone away.

Wait, come back! I did get to mow the lawn today, as it wasn't raining, and now all the bees will have to go hide someplace else. Oh, and my seven-foot-tall euonymus all have scale. While I'm pissed off about that, it does explain why hosing all the plants down with milk last year didn't do a thing to help. When the "powdery mildew" bleeds upon being crushed, it is not powdery mildew. Learn from my mistake, people.

Does anyone use pokeweed for lettuce? Did anyone expire after ingesting pokeweed lettuce? Would you like some pokeweed? I have it growing where it doesn't belong (everywhere) and maybe I need to send it all farther away than the garbage dump, because it keeps coming back and now it's in my roses, and I ain't going in there after it. It won. *sigh*
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I mowed my lawn yesterday as well. I had failed to do it the week before. I paid for that transgression, believe me. The mower kept clogging up and stalling - no matter how slowly I pushed it. I can't wait two weeks any more!

BrideOfPorkins said...

My mower began to smoke from all the grass clogging it a few weeks ago. Luckily, I remembered smoke is bad and so my mower isn't dead...yet.

Have you seen the commercials for that DR Trimmer Mower? It's like a portable combine harvester. I may need that for my front lawn. The lawn doesn't grow as fast there, but dozens of trees seem to spring up every time I forget to mow. I think most of them are Rose of Sharon plants, but I'm pretty sure we have another sweet gum growing out there, and those grow to about 80 feet, and I'm not sure my mother would go for another 80-foot-tall wooden thing looming over the house.