Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Travesty.

With all the things going on in the country and the world, what do you think my biggest problem is today?

Yes, that's right, Revenge of the Sith was nominated for one stinkin' Oscar. Best Makeup. It's up against Cinderella Man and The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, so I'm hoping severe burns and a gazillion aliens win out over boxing gashes and chilly English children.

Visual Effects, meanwhile, will go to the big ape movie, Narnia, or King Kong. Oh look, I'm being bitter and witty. Yes, the great visual effect of War of the Worlds was making Tom Cruise seem less robotic.

I think I could sum up everything wrong in the world by saying voters are stupid, but that really wouldn't explain the People's Choice Award that Revenge of the Sith won. I totally voted for that a bunch of times.

Here's a David Hasslehoff video to take the edge off. This video alone should win thirty Oscars.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: