Thursday, October 04, 2007

Three Thursday Thingys

Generally I try not to get attached to services on the Internet because they are upgraded to crap or taken away entirely two seconds later. Like the TV listings on Yahoo, which used to tell me what was actually going to be on and it would do it so fast, I'd have time to catch the movie we wanted.

I digress. Here are three things I've been using, and I'm not claiming I love them utterly because, you know.

Christian Montoya made a neat little timer, and if I type in say, "30" and hit go, it will let me know when I've taken too long looking for the letter that comes after N in my name.

Vixy is a service than converts FLV videos, like those you find on YouTube, into DVD-ready AVI and MOV files, or just grabs the audio as an MP3. It's free, and before the RIAA and MPAA takes interest in me, I've only used this to save copies of my neice eating her chair and taking out a water bowl.

Speaking of certain snoopy corporations getting stuffed, Anonymouse is a rather helpful website that lets you visit websites without those websites seeing your IP, and you know, possibly blocking you. I'm just sayin'.

You can easily picture me with a self-imposed time limit, watching Tay Zonday on YouTube, can't you?
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

V said...

Thanks for posting these! I've been looking for a timer online for quite awhile just to jar me out of my reverie on the webternet occasionally.