Thursday, October 22, 2009

She is Mad, and If She Lives to An Old Age She Will Sink Further Into Madness. Or something.

The 100 Word Stories Weekly Challenge makes me do crazy things.

Like this week, when the theme was Crushed, I...pulled out the illegitimate lovechild of a Jane Austen character who lives in my head.

Dearest Eliza,

As I'm sure you recall, our cousin Jack has been undertaking the peculiar task of collecting bits of thread for the past seven years, and I am grateful to you for your contribution of the clippings from your pantaloons, however I must report the tragic news that our dear cousin was crushed beneath his great ball of fibers this past Thursday.

Do not grieve, as Jack prized your threads above all others and had little interest in anything save that hideous tangle. Had he not rejected my advances I would have happier news for you.

Regretfully yours,
Gertrude


The total carnage can be heard and read here. Go now before my great ball of fibers crushes you like a tragic Indiana Jones outtake.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: