Friday, December 09, 2005

I've got the winter itch!

That should be a holiday song, something about getting itchy in winter...maybe as a result of sitting outdoors two consecutive nights in 23°F weather listening to Tom Waits and then Beatles music until 12:30 in the morning. There are times I wonder what the neighbors think. Then again, the neighbors are all asleep. I have such good neighbors. Now that the guy that used to shoot at things moved away. Or shot himself, I'm not sure.

Right, so, we got lots of snow overnight, and it looks pretty when it's undisturbed by footprints and seagull poops. In between tossing salt at rogue ice patches, I've been feverishly churning out comic strips in the hopes that I can see my family occasionally during the next few weeks without having to sneak off and draw like I usually do.

Anyway, any plans I had for writing anything else here at this moment have been hijacked my this:

I got the winter itch,
Shovelin' snow is such a bitch,
The plow knocked me into a ditch,
Oh yeah, I got the winter itch.
My excema likes the cold,
Comes out to play and makes me look old,
My fashion modelin' days gotta be put on hold,
'Cause my excema likes the cold.

Okay, that's out of my system, back to drawing like I write. Ha!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: