Saturday, January 10, 2009

Songs of My Misspent Youth: Peek-A-Boo

Twenty years back, we adopted a cat. He was made of sexiness and awesome, and his eyes were the rarest golden blue marble I'd ever seen. Being it was 1989, the Siouxsie and the Banshees song Peek-A-Boo naturally leapt to mind when I saw those eyes, and that's why this song gets played this week. I'll leave out the fact that we wore matching collars a lot of the time, because that's our thing, and only the woman who took the order for the tags knows that mine said "LOVE SLAVE."

Keep in mind my love for this song happened before the movie Jeepers Creepers came along and totally took our song for the horrors, but after the night I stayed out until after ten to hear it crowned as Shreeek of the Week. How many other Shreeeks you think are going to show up here? I'm thinking quite a few. Not many others put accordions to such good use, though. Aside from the They Might Be Giants songs--NOT THE POINT. Behold, the band Microsoft Agent cannot pronounce doing a song I listen to every time it's on. <Beavis>PEEK-A-BOO!<Beavis/>



(And yeah, the original Jeepers Creepers used to get stuck in my head all the time up until 1988. Johnny Mercer is a frikkin' god of music, I know this.)


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: