Thursday, July 09, 2009

Coroners Will Eat Anything

As my brain continued to melt under the July sun, I still managed to come up with something for the 100 Word Stories' weekly challenge. Unfortunately I'm still not sure it makes any sense.

The topic was Step Into A Slim Jim, and oh, did I think of something hilarious! A serial killer of spokesthings who crash though walls...then I looked up what exactly goes into a Slim Jim and holy crap that is gross.

"What've we got?"

"Macho Man Randy Savage. Looks like he blew through the wall of that skyscraper, did the big diving elbow drop."

"Ew."

"Yeah."

"Find any tire tracks?"

"Nah, if it was that bus his body wouldn’t be here."

"True. Think it’s the same perp that lured the Kool-Aid man out of the Space Needle?"

"Beats me."

A Slim Jim crunched under the coroner's foot. He picked it off the ground and bit into it. I cringed.

"What? It’s not like he’s gonna eat it."

High above, the leader of the mechanically separated chicken justice league clucked contentedly.


This crime and 11 other crunchy treats can be heard here, and if you go listen you get to hear how totally insane my vocal cords are! Note to self: record an intro at the same time as the story.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: