Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Eyes, They Are Tired

We watched Jumper, which I was hoping would be Star Wars 3.25, but...there was no Palpatine. You would think there was also no Obi-Wan, but there was Billy Elliot, and so it balanced out as he livened things up a bit. There will be a sequel! And...I'm probably going to watch it the second it comes out. I'm such a geek.

Shrek The Third was quite good. I don't know if it's just that I'm used to Shrek or just that I had Puss In Boots to fixate on, but...I enjoyed it.

We finally got to see the new Hairspray with John Travolta as Edna. I wasn't expecting it to be as fantastic as it was, so that was a treat. I don't know why I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did, I love everyone I knew in the cast, and by the end I loved everyone I didn't know, so I guess maybe it was just fear of musicals. Because, you know, I was pissed off Xanadu hadn't won any Tony awards earlier that night.

Monday, while waiting to see if the local tornadoes were actually heading for us and the news was going to let us know (they weren't, and they actually didn't), I watched the end of the U.S. Open golf...thingy...with Tiger Woods. I can't see golf balls on tv, and I don't have the kind of focus required to know what's going on as it's happening, but I think Tiger Woods won, and that's neat because I never saw him play before. Then I went outside and tried to glue my busted-up fence back together before the windstorms did more damage.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

V said...

I liked Jumper too and also await the sequel. Many say that Hayden Christiansen is wooden, yet still I like him. He has a kind of older style to his acting, which is why I think he fits well in the Lucas films.

BrideOfPorkins said...

He does! Man, I'm glad to know you like him too.