Friday, May 27, 2005

Recipes of the weird.

I have a pine tree in my front yard, and whenever I'm standing around (a common occurance), I stare at the tree and wonder what pine needles would taste like.

Keep in mind that I'm not hep to Korean recipes, and had no idea that Kim Jong Il told his people to go eat pine needles until today, when I looked up whether I would die from ingesting pine needles. Seeing they were food in some places made me feel a little better about what I'd done.

I picked some new pine needles off the tree and ate them. They tasted great! I mean, yeah, I drool when I smell freshly sawed wood, so...I probably have more in common with the termites than I care to accept, but...damn, they tasted really good. At first it tastes as you would expect a pine needle to taste, but then there's like....pine juice or something in them. No, it isn't squirrel urine, it tastes like pine.

I just got some vitamin C and may be flammable now. I was also pooped on by a bird, this is shaping up to be an exciting weekend.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: