Saturday, February 07, 2009

Songs of My Misspent Youth: Hard Habit To Break

To be honest--not only to myself but to all three of my readers--no time in my youth was more misspent that the time listening to breakup songs and dwelling on death. Seriously, this week's song by Chicago, Hard Habit To Break, was a contributing factor to the total and utter shutdown of my one and only feeling, because quite frankly no one could stand to be around me.

I'm not going to elaborate, because it's the weekend and I feel guilty bringing this one up, but I doubt death feels guilty about anything it does, so screw it, here's some more soul-bearing. Don't listen to this song, it'll only make you feel like a ten-year-old girl alone in her room listening to Top 40 radio at three in the morning. Or a sixteen-year-old alone in her room at seven in the morning. Or even a thirty-three-year old alone in her room some afternoon in 2008. It's all just too emo.




Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: