Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar.

"They're rewarding them?" I squeaked.

"They're rewarding them?!" I squeaked again, because no one heard me. Possibly it sounded more like, "AIR RERRARRING HEM?!" from under my shirt with my head buried in my hands but I assure you, I didn't go THAT crazy.

Then I got it. I took one look at Christopher Rouse and his twitchy eye and realized why he'd just been given an Academy Award for The Bourne Ultimatum, a movie that made me fall on the floor after only the first scene.

The editors, for both sound and video, had to cut this together. Shooting the movie without a steadycam wasn't their fault, they had to sit through the shake-fest in order to make the edits, so those poor bastards deserve every award imaginable. The Bourne Ultimatum wins for editing, sound editing, and sound mixing. It would be hypocritical of me to be anything but impressed by the winners work...even though I can't stare directly at it.

I'm pissed that Seamus McGarvey (Atonement) didn't win for Cinematography, but enough about what pisses me off, yay for the Original Song and Score awards, those made me happy. I mean, really happy. A low whistling sound could be heard escaping my throat.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: