Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sunday News.

Part of the reason my writing sucks is that I don't like making fun of things because I know that the odds are good that someone will take me seriously, for instance, I once went off pretending to be jealous of the girls wearing the Queen Amidala dresses in The 2007 Rose Parade, and one of them found my post and it took me a long time to recover from the resulting seppuku, I tell you.

With that in mind, Bow Wow turned 21 today. He is Lil' Bow Wow no longer. This is momentous. Unless he dropped the Lil' a while ago, and I'm just finding this out now. See, the horoscopes I read, they have the celebrity birthdays for the day, and Bow Wow and Mickey Gilley share the same birthday. Mickey Gilley's 72, that also blows my mind.

The typo-afflicted horoscope itself seems like I'm going to commit a heinous crime, but considering I'm not involved in any organized crime or Clone War business, I guess I just have to make sure I don't start writing about things like my deep-seated fear of the house burning down.

You'll find it difficult to separate your personal life from your professional. Don't let your emotions filter into your responsibilities. There will be no room for anger or upset and, if you let jealously enter the picture, you will end up at a point of no return.
Crikey! Looks like I'm throwing Mace Windu out the window with a well-placed adverb to the gut!


A new type of fire alarm in Japan has been developed using the pungent smell of horseradish. According to the study, this works particularly well for deaf people...who apparently can't smell smoke. They tested 14 people, and 13 of them woke up when they smelled horseradish, because, dude, who doesn't love horseradish?

I can't eat horseradish, but...I've been advised not to jealously enter my mental picture of 13 deaf people waking up in the middle of the night and looking around to see where the hell that smell is coming from as their polyester-covered furniture melts across the only exit.

(I love you, deaf people and Bow Wow fans (and if the two overlap, I love you extra)! I'm just making fun of technology. I'm a Bow Wow Wow fan myself...er, and my right ear's a bit stuffy, come to think of it, I don't know what horseradish smells like.)
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Rainbow Heron said...

Oddly enough, horseradish does not smell like horses or radishes...not even horses *and* radishes. :-P