Saturday, June 20, 2009

Songs of My Misspent Youth: ? (Modern Industry)

I think I've mentioned that my primary source of music videos was U68, a UHF station mum found one afternoon. They played a lot of things no one I knew had ever heard of, and so it was the greatest television station that ever existed. Until it was sold a year later, but that's another story. A grumpy story that has no place in this week's fabulousness.

When everyone got together for my 11th birthday, I made everyone and their Transformers watch my new favorite song by my new favorite band. Over and over. When it was time for dinner, I ran the whole thing through my head--which I could do back then being there was no Internet. I'd never heard anything like ? (Modern Industry) by Fishbone before and the song never lost its place as one of my all-time favorites ever, and not only because picking out call letters of stations you know never gets old.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: