Thursday, October 19, 2006

Limiting my area of expertise.

Having curling, billiards, and table tennis as favorite sports makes it difficult to rave about sports publicly. After all, they are not easy to follow from home due to crappy network coverage. ESPN shows billiards, sure, but I have no idea which tournament is which, and how well any of the players are doing, I just make fun of the pink 7 ball when it's in use.

What I'm trying to say is that I am aware that the New York Mets have a chance to get into the World Series, but that is as far as I'll allow myself to get into baseball. I have a Mets hat, but I also have a Yankees hat, because I'm from New York, and I'm related to fans of both teams, and I can assure you that the Subway Series of 2000 gave me enough of a nervous condition that I would not need to watch another baseball game ever in order to fully experience life.

However, because I'm a weird date fiend, it's been 20 years since the Mets won the first World Series I ever watched, so, hell, let's go Mets, or whatever you all shout these days.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: