Friday, October 31, 2008

This is Thriller.

Perhaps you have already seen this one-take spin around a school where everyone is possessed by the Thriller. If not, see it now an

Although I was given my first radio in 1983, and one of the first pop tunes to become lodged in my head in those early days was Beat It, I admit Thriller never really did it for me. Maybe it was the frikkin' weird eyes Michael Jackson suddenly thought it would be fun to leave me screaming at. But of course I know it backwards and forwards and have the shirt and the glove and in the years since have gotten to appreciate it for the cult classic it is, and part of my brain is screaming at me to point out that yes, of course I love Thriller, don't be silly, it's got Vincent Price! I'm just dead inside. Dead like a juicy, juicy zombie.

You all are no doubt hopped up on candy and want me to cut to the good stuff, so I now bring you something so incredible, I nearly wept at the thought of so many kids getting together to do the same thing and not one stick the mud to be seen. I have no idea what that's like. It's beautiful to watch. I've had too much sugar.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: