Saturday, August 01, 2009

Songs of My Misspent Youth: Keep Me In Your Heart

Of all the songs on this list of mine, this is the one I can honestly say is not from misspent time. I guess I've been very lucky to have loved people, cats, dogs, birds, hamsters, and fish who made my life so worth living that the pain of losing them is even worth it. Not that they're lost. Not that they're dead. They're in my heart. I'm weird that way.

But when I saw this date falling on a Saturday, there was no other song I could play. I needed to hear Keep Me In Your Heart by Warren Zevon when I did. It came along at a time when I was being reminded again and again what was important in my life. Knowing why Warren Zevon wrote it just made the song that much more meaningful.

I'm being deliberately vague because while August of 2003 is what I'm thinking of, I'm sharing this one with everyone who misses a loved one.

Enjoy every sandwich, people.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: