Thursday, July 26, 2007

Waiting For The World To Not Be So Damn Touchy.

To follow up on yesterday's post about the choreography on So You Think You Can Dance, I'm watching the results show, and Nigel (who I *heart* anyway) started off by apologizing to pro-war people for the Wade Robson solo routine to the John Mayer song Waiting For The World To Change.

I shouldn't need to add to that, really, but it's been a while since I let off some steam on certain issues, and if you want an example of the amount of steam I could let off if I really unleashed it, I'm just sayin' that pipe that blew downtown last week knows how I feel. To keep it light though, because unleashing it is not what I do here, I will say that I like that John Mayer song, I believe in its message, I'm on the same wavelength as Nigel when I say that after three times, it started to be a running joke every time the dancers would scream, and I'm not going to go out of my way looking for more than the one complaint I read against that routine, because it boggles my mind (and it's been pulled so I can't link to it, but I assure you it was an amusing call for all peaceniks to die). It shouldn't surprise me, because So You Think You Can Dance is on Fox, and I know there's a fraction of Fox viewers who are so naturally confused that there would be enough of a deal made that it would go to the judges for a public explanation, and I just hope I never get caught in an elevator with any of those people, because the universe might cease to exist. Then again, we might meet, talk about the show, agree that the dancers are good this year, and go on our seperate ways glad that we met someone who knows what we're talking about, never suspecting the dark reality that there are some things we just might not agree on.

As for me, I had a problem with the waltz to Angel by Sarah McLachlan a few weeks back. First off, that song makes me want to self-medicate until I see unicorns that are able to talk by themselves. Second, why did the choreographers make Hok be dead? Isn't being dead not good for winning a dancing contest? I loved Hok, and they gave him some bad routines. That waltz made me uncomfortable, dammit, not some hope for the future dance by the guy who does the really neat hobo zombie routines.

Dancers are artists, and artists have pretty extreme views. You know, like, "Killin' is a sad thing," which I think I said a few days ago, and I'm just flabbergasted that some of the viewers of the show would get so twisted over a routine that was designed to show how each dancer did the same choreography, when you know, it's not like they came out and danced to Megalomaniac by Incubus. Although I would've loved that too. I guess that's why I just don't get it. This born-too-late-to-be-a-proper-hippie peacenik just will not die.

Now I have wasted enough of our time, Pasha's safe for another week, yay!

You know...speaking of wasted time. It's 2007. Grow the hell up and lose the bloodlust, world.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: