Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I can't say I'm surprised by this at all.

I saw a headline that said Concerns Over Chimp Attack on Movie Set and instantly knew it had to be Chim-Chim, up to his old crazy routine.

Now, in a cartoon, it's okay to dress your youngest son and your illegitimate chimpanzee in the same clothes, lock them in a car trunk, and...you know....

Wait, is that okay? I don't know, I don't think anything about Speed Racer was sensible, and that's why I love him. Changing animated hijinks into reality, though, that's tough, and unlike getting those cars and trucks to transform for that new Transformers movie, live chimps have a tendency to draw the line at red overalls.

I hope the chimp playing Chim-Chim wasn't seriously messed up by some handlers in a back alley, but you know, I've had a puppy. I kinda understand both sides of this dilemma these days. "Aww, no baby, take the teeth out of my booby," only goes so far with anyone, let alone a chimpanzee, who was probably just adlibbing his part.

Now, when that article says a young actor was bitten, I'm thinking Paulie Litt, who plays Spritle, maybe was the receiver of Chim-Chim's wrath. I don't remember Chim-Chim and Spritle ever getting into it that bad, but you know in between episodes, who knows what went on in the Racer household. I would have loved to be a fly on that wall sometimes. Holy moly, what a whacked out family.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: