Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Second Week of 2008

I accidentally deleted the horoscopes from my bulk folder, so I didn't really know what to expect from this week, but now that it's over, I'm not sure what happened, so maybe that was the message of the horoscopes. I seemed to be changing a lot of ink cartridges and moving around when I probably shouldn't have.

On Sunday I found out figure skating is still around, who knew? I spent a few hours watching it last weekend, and I recognized like three skaters. Has it been that long? When Christopher Bowman passed away this week, I felt like it had been even longer since I enjoyed skating. Couldn't be that long, I remember watching this, it was only a little while ago.

This week, I got my Technorati Tags script for Blogger back, and I bet you didn't even notice I'd lost it, eh? I'd been pasting the div in, man. Hand-edited tags. I'm hardcore.

My eBay listing for Titanic was not a success. Not even one watcher. Maybe some free listing day I'll put it on there again, because now that day I banged into that woman's car has cost me an extra $1.60. I suspect the reason my listing was not the success Dawn Meehan's was is because instead of kids, I have only myself to make fun of, and no one out there can relate to that, at all. I mean, everyone else in the world is an excellent driver and has never dinged another person's car and had to have their mother lay out half the money the screaming driver of the other car was asking for, because I can't even sell a $5 movie on eBay. One day, this will not be an issue for me.

The weather was so lovely at the beginning of the week I mistook it for April and took down the Christmas decorations. The wires weren't even stiff. It was fabulous.

My mother got an Unna boot. She didn't like it. After three days, the doctor gave her another. This time they wrapped it looser. She still doesn't like it. That thing dries solid. My mother is wearing a cast on her leg. The dog offered to help carry her up the stairs to return the favor, but I don't see that working out so well.

We watched The Invasion and Undertaking Betty. Both good, but my love for Jeremy Northam sort of dampened my enthusiasm for what happens in Invasion, and that's all I'm saying about that without spoiling the movie for you. Betty, on the other hand, I've seen four times and I'd watch it again right now if I could.

Alas, I will be researching microwave ovens now. Preferably ones that don't need security clearance from The Pentagon to open after the little spring in the latch breaks. Give me back my hot pretzel, you radioactive bastard.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: