Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - a Star Wars fan edit by Lynda Naclerio

Yeah. I made that. Click it, it'll take you this video I made too.



Took me long enough to get around to. Five years, give or take a few months.

Ten years ago today, though, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace premiered. I hear that took longer to create but it gave me enough good times to get me to this point in life, and now you'll all have to sit through four more minutes of Sithly gloriousness to witness the vision that just would not die.

It all goes back to the fall of 2004. I was spending a lot of time walking kittens and listening to K-Rock. AC/DC figured heavily into their playlists, and I had high fevers, the highest of which was the Star Wars pandemic. I'd exiled myself from most of the Internet to avoid spoilers for Revenge Of The Sith but then Lucasfilm's own Back In Black sneak preview tied AC/DC to SW for all eternity and an idea was formed. Among other things. Porkins destroying the Death Star to T.N.T. was actually the baby brother of the idea of Dirty Deeds, but like Star Wars itself, these things get made in the order technology allows.

My list of people I'd like to thank would be longer than the video itself, but odds are if you're reading all this you know you had a hand in giving me the will to see it through to completion. A right hand, in fact. Sorry about slicing it off. *ahem* ;)
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

V said...

OMG! That was AWESOME! I got goosebumps AND I LOLed too. :) I'm sharing it now!

Unknown said...

Yep, most cool. Diggin' it.