Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tonight I Shall Tell You Of My Time In The Tower

Back when I got the idea to post my offerings for the 100 Word Stories' weekly challenges, this was the current theme. That gives you an idea of how...I'll never catch up. Unless I die or something, and then you'll just have to find the page on your own.

The theme was Howl at the moon, I demand a recount, The fencing master, Matzo tower, The end is near. It was the bastard lovechild of a five-way tie for most votes (none of which were mine, not that I'm hinting anything, my loyal readers) and I thought I'd be so clever and combine all those elements into one story.

When I was young the local fencing master paid my family twenty dollars to take me off their hands, shutting me away in a tower made of matzo to keep me pure. It had no shower.

On an expedition to procure a rare foil, the crazy bastard was bitten by a werewolf who had taken a fancy to me. Ten years without a shower has its consequences.

So you see, that's why I'm eating my way out of this place. They’ll be arguing over who scored more hits until the moon goes dark, I've had it with both of them.


As it turned out I was not the only one with that idea, but that just makes me feel like less of a freak. Go listen to the challenge and read 18 other stories by 10 other writers. Magnificence.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: