Friday, May 01, 2009

Big Whoop, I Did It Again.

I won Script Frenzy again. This time I managed to close all the gaps in the story before hitting 100 pages, therefore actually winning with a full story, which is a first.

This was a weird trip. Before April 1, I had never thought of this story or these characters. I wasn't writing anything, I was in what I can't exactly call a foul mood, but I was floating. Nothing to show for anything. Still don't really have anything to show for it except an awkward 105 pages of someone with memory problems trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Art imitating life, eh?

Like all new stories, I was crazy about it for the first week, I had a buffer that would, if I kept at it, allow me to have weekends free. I can't have plans for the weekends.

For the next two weeks I couldn't have plans either. The buffer went to hell. Being the stubborn sort I went back to the story, writing ten pages a night rather than the suggested three. Then I won.

The story can only be called a first draft because I never did answer why anything happened. But it ended happy. Because I'll be damned if I write anything but happy--if twisted--endings.
Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What did you win?? Where is the script??? I am very excited for you!

BrideOfPorkins said...

Script Frenzy's a thing like NaNoWriMo, where participants have to write 100 pages of a script in 30 days. The script has been sitting on my hard drive, playing solitaire and sighing since April 30. I gotta get back to it one of these days and see if it's worth showing to the world.

(Yes, it's a whole three months before I got to post a reply to this, oy vey!)

Epoxy Flooring Allentown said...

This iss a great blog