Saturday, May 30, 2009

Songs of My Misspent Youth: Eye Of The Tiger

My cousin Rob (who turns old enough for me not to say) rarely liked my music. Most likely because he was not a girl. However, he did introduce me to Men At Work, and Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor. Back in the olden days before Internet, he got it into his head to tape the theme off the end of Rocky III as the movie was ending on HBO one weekend. He fell asleep, but I taped the song. It was so cool. The tape ran out before the end. That...wasn't as cool.

While I could say I've spent the rest of my life trying to atone for that, music isn't so much I WILL NEVER HEAR IT AGAIN anymore and now when I hear this song I think of how Z-100 used to play good music and maybe I was kind of a bitch as a child but all that dims when watching the official video for this song and being blinded by '80s eightiesness. Wow. There are laws about taking up a whole sidewalk like that, guys.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: